Monday, December 27, 2010

Feeling Like I've Robbed Myself

Is it just me? My husband told me to go clothes shopping (which is not my favorite thing to do believe it or not). So I go. But as I'm spending money I am reminded of how my old jeans don't look so bad if I simply buy the right boots... or how I really don't need dresses do I? Because every woman should have that little black dress as well. All I need are a few rich looking tops on sale for a few bucks each right (to go with my old jeans and new boots)? Pitiful I guess. Well all I could bring myself to purchase were some nice high heel boots (because they can go with so many looks), and a cocktail dress (aqua and black)... cute but I am keeping the receipt.

I suppose that as a wife and mother of only one (my hubby) bringing in the income, I see where money can so easily go elsewhere... savings, to someone in need, a lingering bill, something for the kids, something for the house, something for the cars, towards a vacation... But I should not forget that as a lady, it is wise and respectful to not avoid my outer appearance - which becomes so easy to do. It has become so easy to go through the day and realize that I had not looked into a mirror all day. A spouses upkeep in my opinion can be just as important as a savings or investment. It is an investment made within marriage that can greatly help to keep the flames going if done respectfully within balance.   

No comments: